Saturday 18 July 2015

A week of sewing

After sewing another summer dress last week, I got the sewing bug.  I had bought a Sewaholic pattern called Belcarra from Guthrie and Ghani my local independent haberdashery over a year ago.  It was about time I used the pattern.

I looked through my fabric stash and found that I still had some of the lovely fabric from my original summer dress.  So off I went. 


Here is the finished top and I loved making it.


Poppybead blog - Belcarra Blouse in Amy Butler fabric
Amy Butler fabric from House of Fraser
I loved it so much that I made another one.  The pattern didn't have many parts to it and the instructions were relatively easy to follow.   I did struggle with the cuffs but found a great page on a Sewaholic sew-along page


Sewing this week hasn't aggravated my primary raynauds.  I have cut out a third top and hope to finish it soon. 


The pattern can be purchased at many places in the UK and online




No comments:

Post a Comment